Click once to begin entering your healing journey with some quick reference coping skills.
About Mental Health
What is Depression?
Depression is a disorder that is characterized by more than just sadness, it can also manifest as loss of interest, weight gain/loss, loss of motivation, sleeping disturbances, lack of energy, feeling worthless/hopeless, irritability, and thoughts of death, suicide, or self-harm.
• Different types of depression include:
major depressive disorder, persistent depressive disorder, bipolar disorder,
seasonal depression, postpartum,
depression and psychotic depression.
• Depression in children and adolescents
can look like lower self-esteem, poor
concentration, isolation, and frequent issues at school like absences or low
• Fewer than 50% of people experiencing depression receive treatment.
• Women are more affected by depression
• 3.2% of children 3-17 have been
diagnosed with depression.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a disorder that is generally characterized by feelings of worry, irrational/intrusive thoughts as well as physical characteristics such as sweating, trembling, fast heartbeat, “butterflies or pit” in the stomach, and shortness of breath.
• Anxiety is the most common mental
disorder affecting around 18% of adults
18 and older, and 25% of children 13 to
• Anxiety can develop from different factors
such as genetics, brain chemistry,
personality, and life events.
• Different types of anxiety disorders
include panic disorder, phobias, OCD,
social anxiety, and PTSD among others.
• Women are twice as likely to experience
anxiety more than men.
• Anxiety is a reaction due to stress.
What our clients are saying
Listen to one of our client's testimony on how Dream Big - PSP counseling has helped and how you can help others through your generosity.